How to turn off hp printer notifications
When you send something to the Hp Printer, Windows displays a small balloon from the System Tray. It represents the document you are printing and that includes office documents.Sometimes we may find this notification annoying. How do we go about to solve this issue?The notification area is a part of the task bar. It provides a temporary source for notifications and status. It also displays icons for system and program features that have no presence on the desktop. Some common icons are for battery level, printer, volume control, and network status.The notification area is also called system tray or status area.
HP pop-ups occur especially when you use a HP printer. The Notification usually comes from the HP Product Assistant. It is a utility feature attached to HP printer drivers. The notifications are about paper jams, ink level, service and available software updates. If you’re worried by the number of pop-ups you’re receiving on your personal or business computer, you can turn it off. You can remove the utility feature altogether if you don’t plan to use that HP Equipment.
Methods to turn off hp printer notifications
You can disable this HP Printer notification feature, as follows:
● Log in to the computer by using the Administrator Access
● Navigate to the start-up menu
● Click on Start
● Click on All Programs
● Click HP Product Assistant. (Sometimes you may not find this feature in the All Programs. You can find it by launching explorer (WIN+E). Type in the search box. “C:\Program Files\Hp\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\Bin\Hprbupdate.exe”
● Hit Enter on the keyboard.
● Navigate to “Preference” on the left side panel
● Select “Basic Settings” tab.
● Click “Disable Solution Updates” under “Update interval Preference” Click save.
● This will stop the advertisement and notification pop-ups.
If you want to disable maintenance alerts then follow these steps
● Click the “Advance settings” tab
● Select “Disable Event Logging” located under Logging preferences.
● Click on save button on the screen.
● This will disable the alert.
If you want to take the hard way out, by uninstalling the entire utility feature here’s how it goes.
● You must be logged in as an administrator to perform this action.
● Click on “Start”
● Open Explorer
● Type “appwiz.cpl” in the search box
● Hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard
● Right-click on “HP Product Assistant”
● Select “Uninstall”
● Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the removal. Reboot the computer to complete operation
You will not see any notification from HP if the HP Product assistant software is removed. If you still see it then please reach experts at Tracerroutes.
Another alternative is to use Device settings. Follow the steps below to disable notification
● Open the Devices and Printers folder
● Right-Click the HP UPD
● Select Properties
● Click the Device Settings tab
● Under the “Installable Options”
● Set the Printer Status Notification
● Select either “Enable or Disable” from the drop-down menu.
● Click OK to close the entire window.
Disable printer notification in the Windows System Tray
Fortunately, you can disable this annoying feature, as follows (in Windows XP):
- Click the (Windows) Start menu and choose Printers and Faxes.
- In the Printers and Faxes window, choose Print Server Properties from the File menu. In Windows 7, Print Server Properties in on the window’s toolbar.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Clear the Show Informational Notifications For Local Printers option.
- Clear the Show Informational Notifications for Network Printers option (if applicable).
- Click OK.
- Close the Printers and Faxes window.
- Depending on your system’s configuration, you might have to disable both local and network printers.
Disable Windows Print Notification Balloon
How to turn off the annoying printer notification messages that appears when an event occurs on your printer in Microsoft Windows.
- Windows XP
- Click the “Start” > “Settings” > “Printers and Faxes“.
- Click the “File” > “Server Properties“.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Uncheck the following boxes:
- Show informational notifications for local printers.
- Show informational notifications for network printers.
- Notify when remote documents are printed.
- Click “OK“.