Antivirus virus is a code or program that infects a computer system without the knowledge of the owner. Most viruses are less harmful to a computer by displaying messages only on the screen. Some are very strong and can cause severe damage to the computer’s hard drive within days of infection Most people ask this question online. Is it possible to delete virus from a computer without using an antivirus software?
Deleting virus from my computer without the use of Antivirus
It’s safer to say yes, but in most cases removing stubborn malware requires an expert. Before we explain the ways lets understand why viruses attack your computer.
Here are the key reasons behind virus attack on computers.
Viruses have specific purposes. Most common reasons are to either steal personal information or deleting computer files. Some other reasons why virus infects a system is either to make or generate money or to cripple a computer. It is easy to know if a virus has attacked a computer. Some of the common techniques in knowing if a computer has virus are
1. If the CPU or the Processor of your computer is overheating
2. If your computer takes too long before it boots.
3. If your web browser performs an irregular function.
4. If files disappear from your computer.
5. If programs freeze or computer hangs
Need to delete computer virus without using Antivirus
Here is a detailed analysis of how to delete viruses using various techniques.
1. Disabling and Deleting of Virus from Startup List.One of the easiest ways to delete virus without using antivirus is by disabling it from the startup list.
● Click the “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “Delete” keys all at the same time
● Click on task manager
● Select startup
● Disable infected files
2. Deleting Virus Root file. Tracing the virus from a directory where it is hiding and delete it. “temp” folder is the most common location where viruses sit and populate. Trace, locate and delete the malware by opening an explorer window.
3. Deleting of Virus by Starting Task Manager
● Hit “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “Delete” keys all at the same time takes you to safe made
● Locate and click on task manager
● Select processes from the six displayed options
● With this, you should be able to identify and stop virus processes.
4. Deleting of Virus using Online Scanners
Online scanners are effective options for identifying and deleting viruses. An online scanner is a website that allows you scan and authenticate links to make sure they are safe for use. Scanning occurs by placing links on a scan screen and hitting the “scan” button. Within few minutes malware arrear and you can delete
them. Some quick scan tools are Kaspersky virus desk, virSCAN and metadefender online scanners.
5. Disable Browser Add-ons – Sometimes add-ons and plugins can make the browser act very slow. Removing the addons and plugins will make Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers fast.
You may adopt many other procedures to delete infections from a PC without the use of any Antivirus. It is very important to take precautions while performing these steps. Sometimes viruses infect computers by a USB flash drive or clicking spammy links. In case any of these happens you can rely on any of the above-mentioned methods to remove the computer virus
Recommended Antiviruses for Full PC Scan
● Norton by Symantec
Please ask us if there are any questions. One of the Tracerroutes Online PC Support experts will respond as soon as possible.
Remove a Virus Easily With Software
If you have a very nasty virus, removing it manually is going to consume a lot of your time. If you are not particularly tech savvy, trying to remove a virus manually could be a waste of time if you’re not successful, and it will give you a headache in the process.
The top-rated anti-virus software suites have a high rate of success when it comes to removing many types of pre-existing infections on your computer. The best anti-virus software can also protect you from nearly 100 percent of future threats. Since this software ranges in price from as little as $30 to $60, many users find that using anti-virus software to remove a virus is by far the best solution.
How to remove virus from PC/laptop without antivirus using cmd?
Windows Command Prompt is free to access, and with extremely powerful functions in resolving various computer and system problems, including help find, clear, delete and remove all types of virus or shortcut virus that deletes computer files, corrupts system configuration or deteriorates system performance. It’s the perfect virus removal solution that substitutes online commercial antivirus tools.
The attrib command is what you’re going to use for virus cleanup. Follow the detailed guide below.
Step 1. In search box in Windows 10, for example, type cmd. You’ll get the best match called Command Prompt. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
Step 2. On the Command Prompt, type the drive letter of your hard drive partition in computer or USB flash drive that is affected by virus and hit Enter. (D: for example.)
Step 3. Type attrib and press Enter. You’ll see autorun.inf virus listed.
Step 4. To remove virus using CMD, type into your command prompt attrib -r -a -s -h *.* and press Enter. This will remove the Read Only, Archive, System and hidden file attribute from all the files. (*.* for all the files with all different types of file extensions).
Step 5. Type del autorun.inf and enter, to delete the files.