Adjusting the computer to deliver the best performance is called Computer Optimization. As the computer becomes old it starts working slow and creates a big challenge for the users. Most of the computer Optimization users prefer to see a fast performing computer. If the computer is updated to the latest settings when the computer can certainly work faster.
To optimise a computer for best performance you need to look at couple of facts
Remove all unwanted applications from your computer
Update the antivirus and operating system
Clear the disc space by removing files and folders
Check the registry settings
Remove unwanted add-ons from web browsers
Check and Fix the registry errors
For a fast computing experience, it is recommended to use an updated antivirus. Anti-virus removes any malicious script from the computer and also helps the computer to perform at a faster speed
- A solid computer maintenance plan generally requires several steps, including:
- Checking computer log files
- Assessing hard disk space
- Examining computer folder permissions
- Monitoring computer temperature
- Ensuring adequate redundancy of computer systems
- Examining security features
- Examining computer cleaning
- Installing security software patches
- Reading computer logs for security alerts or evidence of computer hacking attempts
- Updating antivirus software on all computers on the network
- Updating critical service packs and software updates
- Performing regular comprehensive back-ups to ensure that vital data can be retrieved from storage in the event of a system failure
Related Computer Maintenance Articles:
- Server cleaning & Maintenance
- Keyboard Cleaning & Maintenance
- Monitor Cleaning & Maintenance
- Laptop Cleaning & Maintenance
- Scope of Maintenance :- All Computer types including Blade; Rack; and Tower options. Computer Maintenance includes all internal computer components, i.e. Processor, Memory, hard-drives and any internal cards.
- Maintenance Checklist :-This checklist will help you to do a quick self-evaluation to see how safe your computer systems are from hackers.
- Computer Security:-Security and application functionality should also be examined. If required, security patches should be installed on individual computers within the network to ensure that data is secure
- Maintenance Window:- During server maintenance, any essential service packs and software updates should be installed on the network computers. Typically, this work can be done after working hours so that network user activity is not disturbed.
- Backup Plan:- A comprehensive backup plan should also be included. In the event of a system failure, the backup data will be vital in helping the network users retrieve their stored information.